Sound Talk is not taking on new clients at present.
If you would like your details to be added to a waiting list, please email email@example.com. Please be aware that this email address will be checked periodically.
All About Sound Talk
Sound Talk is an Independent Speech and Language Therapy service established by Rachael Tuckley, Specialist Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist.
Sound Talk offers specialist assessment and therapy for children age 11 and under with a range of speech, language and communication needs. We specialise in working with bilingual children and families. We offer services at your home, school or nursery in Stockport and South Manchester.
Sound Talk believes that communication is a fundamental human right. We want to help children with speech, language and communication difficulties to be able to communicate effectively, so that they can reach their full potential and have positive relationships with people in their lives. We are passionate about helping children to communicate because we know the impact that timely and effective Speech and Language Therapy has on a child’s life.
Everything Sound Talk does is based on the following core values:
- Effective – we do what works and we do it well
- Fun – we aim to make children laugh and smile in every session, while working hard on communication
- Diversity – difference is valued; the advantages of cultural and linguistic diversity are celebrated
- Families – we believe that parents/carers are a child's first and most enduring educators, so working closely with families is key
Rachael obtained a First Class Honours Degree in Clinical Language Sciences (Speech and Language Therapy) from Leeds Metropolitan University in 2005. She has worked as a Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist in the Manchester and North West area for 14 years. During this time she has worked with children in clinics, nurseries, primary schools, community centres and family homes. Rachael also spent 2 years working in Kenya as a Speech and Language Therapy volunteer with Voluntary Service Overseas, working with Kenya Institute of Special Education.
Rachael has considerable experience working with children who have difficulties with:
- Language (difficulty understanding and using words)
- Speech sounds (difficulty saying specific sounds or sounds getting mixed up)
- Attention and Listening
- Social communication difficulties or Autistic Spectrum Condition
She is particularly passionate about working with bilingual and multilingual children with speech, language and communication needs.
Rachael is registered with the Health Care Professional Council, Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) and the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice. She is also a member of the executive committee of the North West RCSLT Hub.
Rachael values continuing professional development and is licensed to deliver:
- "Learning Language and Loving It" - The Hanen Programme for Early Childhood Educators
- "More Than Words" - The Hanen Programme for Parents of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder or Social Communication Difficulties
- Elklan Speech and Language Support for 0-3s
- Elklan Speech and Language Support for 3-5s
Rachael is trained in Makaton having completed an enhanced workshop in 2017. Rachael has attended several courses on working with bilingual children with speech, language and communication needs and is interested in the Word Aware approach, Social Thinking approach and Zones of Regulation.
Take a look at Rachael's career profile here
Would you like to work with Sound Talk?
Sound Talk is looking to grow a team of passionate Speech and Language Therapists specialising in working with bilingual children and families in the Manchester and Stockport area. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a range of different flexible working opportunities.